Train Sim World
Train Sim World 2 Roadmap – 18 August
Take a journey with us as we look at the Roadmap for the first time...
When we announced Train Sim World 2 we talked about revealing our Roadmap, today is the first of a regular update to give you a longer-term view of what is coming to the simulation. It is a living record that will be updated frequently as projects being worked on move through the development cycle. The Roadmap is not a precise-to-the-second release schedule as we are often looking many months ahead at projects that are only in a planning stage. It is also subject to change.
There will be occasions where items in development have their work suspended or stopped entirely, and in those cases we'll give an explanation as to our reasons for doing so, and remove them from the Roadmap. This is a document that details what we are working on, not what we might, possibly, maybe want to work on in the future. It details what is being done, not what we hope to do.
Our purpose here is to give you a good idea of where our priorities are along with a rough idea of when you can anticipate new routes, features or fixes to be released. This is going to take a little time to become more self-explanatory. In this first instance you have no frame of reference, but over time this should prove to be a useful way for you to check whether something you're interested in has caught the developers' attention.
Included in this Roadmap are forthcoming routes, locos and trains. It also includes new features, upgrades and fixes! Given the nature of Preserved Collection and its staggered releases, this first instance also shows their progress however these will be replaced in the list by development tasks relating directly to your feedback after the game has launched. If and when gameplay issues are reported we'll add their investigation to the list, and when changes or updates are then worked on, they too will be listed.
The Roadmap is split into four distinct sections.
In Planning - If we're talking about a new route or feature here this is the research phase, where project scope is set and material to support development is gathered. If this relates to a bug or other gameplay problem this represents the team investigating and replicating the reports gained from players. When this planning stage is complete, the project moves forward to...
In Production - Projects listed in this section are actively being developed. Depending on what the project is this can take many months to complete, or it could be a matter of days. As you see more projects moving through the Roadmap you will build an understanding of the likely development time required.
Upcoming - When a project reaches the upcoming section it has entered final testing and iteration. Again, depending on the scale of the project the upcoming stage may be of varied length.
Next Arrival - The final stage of the Roadmap will show everything we're planning to include in the next game update. This could be a single item, or it might include many different projects at once. Updates are released steadily - we don't push things out the second they're ready as releases need to be properly aligned to arrive on all platforms at the same time. As above, you'll get a feel for the delay between something being ready for release and it is arriving in an update as you see this process in action.
We're aiming to update this Roadmap every fortnight to provide you current information regularly. As with the game itself, the Roadmap will evolve over time in order to better serve the community. Any feedback you have is welcomed, and we very much look forward to providing the first update shortly after the game releases.
Roadmap Update 18 August 2020
- [Preserved Collection] NDD-L7 01 - Caltrain MP36PH-3C 'Baby Bullet
- [Preserved Collection] NDD-L6 01 - Caltrain MP15DC Diesel Switcher
- [Preserved Collection] GCC-R7 01 - East Coastway: Brighton - Eastbourne & Seaford
- [Preserved Collection] DBB-R6 02 - Hauptstrecke Rhein-Ruhr: Duisburg – Bochum
- [Preserved Collection] NDD-R7 01 - Peninsula Corridor: San Francisco - San Jose
- [Preserved Collection] DBB-L7 02 - DB BR 155
- [Preserved Collection] GDD-L5 05 - BR Class 20 'Chopper'
- [Preserved Collection] GDD-L5 04 - BR Class 31
- [Preserved Collection] NCC-R7 01 - Long Island Rail Road: New York – Hicksville
- [Preserved Collection] NCC-L6 01 - LIRR M3 EMU
- [Preserved Collection] DBB-R6 01 - Ruhr-Sieg Nord: Hagen – Finnentrop
- [Preserved Collection] GDF-R5 02 - Tees Valley Line: Darlington - Saltburn-by-the-Sea
- [Route Add-On] GCC-R7 03 - Isle of Wight (Developed by Rivet Games)
- [Upgrade] Livery Designer additional functionality
- [Preserved Collection] GDD-L5 01 - BR Class 33
- [Preserved Collection] GDD-L5 02 - BR Class 52 'Western'
- [Preserved Collection] GDD-L5 03 - BR Heavy Freight Pack
- [Preserved Collection] NDD-R6 01 - Canadian National Oakville Subdivision: Hamilton – Oakville
- [Preserved Collection] DBB-L7 01 - DB BR 182
- [Preserved Collection] GDG-R7 01 - Great Western Express
- [Preserved Collection] DBB-R7 02 - Main Spessart Bahn: Aschaffenburg - Gemunden
- [Preserved Collection] GDF-R5 01 - Northern Trans-Pennine: Manchester – Leeds
- [Preserved Collection] DBB-R7 01 - Rapid Transit
- [Preserved Collection] DBB-R7 03 - Rhein-Ruhr Osten: Wuppertal – Hagen
- [Preserved Collection] GDD-R7 01 - West Somerset Railway
- [Route Add-On] DBB-R7 04 - Munich – Augsburg. With BR 403 & BR 423.
- [Route Add-On] GBC-R7 01 - Southeastern High Speed: London St Pancras via Ebbsfleet to Faversham. With Class 395, Class 375.
- [Loco Add-On] DGG-L7 01 - DB BR 363 (Ruhr-Sieg Nord)
- [Loco Add-On] NDD-L7 02 - C40-8W (Sand Patch Grade)
- [Upgrade] Raildriver and external hardware support
- [Feature] Train Sim World 2 Mastery
- [Feature] Driver Logbook
- [Preserved Collection] DGG-L6 01 - DB BR 204 (Developed by Rivet Games)
- [Route Add-On] CBB-R7 01 - Arosa Line. With Ge 4/4 II. (Developed by Rivet Games)
- [Route Add-On] NDD-R7 02 - Cane Creek. With AC4400CW & SD40-2. (Developed by Skyhook Games)
- [Route Add-On] NDD-R5 01 - Clinchfield Railroad: Elkhorn - Dante. With SD40-2, F7 A/B.
- [Route Add-On] DBB-R7 05 - Hamburg – Lubeck. With BR 112 + Doppelstockwagen & MRCE BR 182.
- [Route Add-On] FBB-R7 01 - LGV Méditerranée: Marseille - Avignon. With TGV Duplex.
- [Loco Add-On] GCC-L7 01 - Class 313 (East Coastway)
- [Loco Add-On] GCC-L7 02 - Class 465 (Southeastern High Speed)
- [Loco Add-On] DKK-L7 01 - DB BR 101 (Schnellfahrstrecke Köln-Aachen)
- [Loco Add-On] DKK-L7 02 - DB BR 187 (Developed by Skyhook Games)
- [Route Upgrade] Bakerloo Line expanded service
- [Fix] Miles Platting
- [Fix] Cement Circle
Train Sim World 2 is available on Steam, Xbox and PlayStation 4.
Standard Edition: Steam | PlayStation Europe | PlayStation US | Xbox Deluxe Edition: Steam | PlayStation Europe | PlayStation US | Xbox
Images displayed in this article may depict content that is still in development. The licensed brands may not have been approved by their respective owner and some artwork may still be pending approval.
Train Sim World
Train Sim World 2 Roadmap – 18 August