Train Sim World
TRAIN SIM WORLD 2 ROADMAP - 12 JANUARY
Find out what's upcoming for Train Sim World 2 in our latest Roadmap update!
Over the past few months, we've established the Roadmap as a core part of the Train Sim World calendar. During this time, it has become less easy to read because of the volume of smaller updates, upgrades, fixes and improvements we've added to the list as more teams at Dovetail Games have become involved. It would be fair to say that this has resulted in the Roadmap becoming quite cumbersome and not as effective at giving you an overall view of what we're working on.
With the new year we're going back to some fundamentals. Rather than going into exact detail of what individual changes are occurring in the Roadmap itself, we'll instead detail our current project list in a collected fashion, providing greater detail on the Train Sim World forums where required. This should enable you to get a good idea of what's coming up at-a-glance with a more in-depth view available if you want it. Obviously, we'll also try to give more detail in the regular Q&A live stream we do alongside the release of each new Roadmap update.
To make it easier to understand what an individual item on the Roadmap it will be listed as either a Fix, Improvement, Add-On or Core project.
With this Roadmap we're approaching the mid-cycle point in our Add-On releases. Typically, we decide five or six Add-On releases at the same time, then stagger that development to start once the current schedule has completed. The mid-point in one set of releases tends to be the point where the new add-ons are chosen. To that end it won't be long before the next collection of routes and locos find their way onto this schedule. Your suggestions and feedback is invaluable in making these selections, so be sure to get involved in the suggestions forum if you have a particular part of the rail world you'd like to see brought to life.
This also feels like a good time to give a refresher on what each stage of the Roadmap means.
Anything listed in here is likely to release before the next Roadmap update. We'll list everything, including smaller fixes in the next release section. It is possible that quicker-developed, smaller items are released in that two-week window having never been on the Roadmap.
An upcoming item is in the later stages of the Quality Assurance process, meaning that the wait for it won't be much longer providing testing goes smoothly. If the QA team decide that something is not ready for release it may get pushed back a stage or remain in the upcoming section of the roadmap for a longer time. This can also be the case with route releases as the amount of QA testing done is significant.
When a project enters production, it means that there are developers actively working on it. The length of time something stays in development can vary wildly, although typically the more complicated the project the more time it will require. When we provide game updates, we try to group changes into route or loco "packs" in order to minimise the size of each patch - five updates across five routes would be five times the download size of five updates in a single route! For that reason, we may list items as "In Production" when they're complete but waiting for other updates to finalise and enter the QA process.
At any given moment we have a lot of work, large and small, in planning stages. This can cover everything from investigating and reproducing issues you have reported to developing new tools to add functionality to the game. Until something moves from the planning to production stage it is almost as likely never to see release, since this investigation stage incorporates the necessary research to work out whether something is possible. In the event we remove something from the Roadmap (deliberately) we'll let you know the reasons.
- [Improvement] Increased start/end points in the Scenario Planner for Great Western Express
- [Improvement] Increased start/end points in the Scenario Planner for Northern Trans-Pennine
- [Improvement] Expansion of Rapid Transit train formation options in the Scenario Designer
- [Route Add-On] GBC-R7 01 - Southeastern High Speed: London St Pancras to Faversham. With BR Class 395 EMU, BR Class 375 EMU
- [Core] Steam
- [Core] Memory use optimisation
- [Core] Track-IR support
- [Improvement] East Coastway Livery Designer compatibility for Class 377, Class 66 and JNA box wagon
- [Improvement] Full length of platform "climb up" function for Preserved Collection
- [Improvement] Livery Designer compatibility for Preserved Collection
- [Improvement] Platform departure boards added to Preserved Collection
- [Improvement] RailDriver support for Preserved Collection
- [Loco Add-On] GCC-L7 01 - Class 313 EMU (For East Coastway)
- [Loco Add-On] DKK-L7 02 - DB BR 187 - Developed by Skyhook Games
- [Loco Add-On] GCC-L7 02 - Class 465 EMU (Southeastern High Speed)
- [Loco Add-On] DKK-L7 01 - DB BR 101 (Hauptstrecke Rhein-Ruhr)
- [Loco Add-On] DGG-L6 02 - Vossloh G6 (Rhein-Ruhr Osten) - Developed by TSG
- [Loco Add-On] DBB-L5 01 - DB BR420 Electric Multiple Unit (Hauptstrecke München-Augsburg) - Developed by TSG
- [Loco Add-On] DDD-L5 01 - DB BR232 Diesel Locomotive (Ruhr-Sieg Nord) - Developed by TSG
- [Loco Add-On] Great Western 1970's - BR Blue theme gameplay pack for Great Western Express
- [Route Add-On] NDD-R7 02 - Cane Creek. With UP AC4400CW & SD40-2. - Developed by Skyhook Games
- [Route Add-On] NDD-R5 01 - Clinchfield Railroad: Elkhorn - Dante. With CRR F7 A&B and SD40
- [Route Add-On] CBB-R7 01 - Arosa Line With RhB Ge 4/4 II - Developed by Rivet Games
- [Route Add-On] DBB-R7 05 - Hamburg – Lübeck. With DB BR 112 + Doppelstockwagen & MRCE BR 182
- [Improvement] Expansion of services in the timetable for Bakerloo Line
- [Improvement] Expansion of Sand Patch Grade train formation options in the Scenario Designer
- [Improvement] Expansion of Peninsula Corridor train formation options in the Scenario Designer
- [Improvement] Add Safety System Indicators to the HUD
- [Improvement] User guides and manuals
- [Improvement] Standard download size reduction
- [Improvement] Change "Do you want to end this session" popup from Yes to No by defaultTo see the full list of fixes and improvements currently in production please visit this thread
Train Sim World
TRAIN SIM WORLD 2 ROADMAP - 12 JANUARY