TS20: Electrifying Action!
Written by: Gary Dolzall.
Metro-North Scenario Pack 01 delivers dynamic railroading action on one of America’s biggest and busiest commuter railroads!
Experience all the challenging railroading action on one of America’s biggest, busiest, and most dynamic commuter railroads – with the new Metro-North Scenario Pack 01!
Metro-North Commuter Railroad serves the greater New York City region with an annual ridership in excess of 87 million and Metro-North Scenario Pack 01, from accomplished developer High Iron Simulations, brings all the commuter action to life on two of Metro-North’s famous and always bustling routes – the Hudson Line and New Haven Line!
Metro-North Scenario Pack 01 and its ten realistic career scenarios puts you at the controls of a variety of electric-multiple-unit (EMU) -- and diesel-powered -- commuter trains on Train Simulator’s Hudson Line: New York – Croton-Harmon route and NEC: New York – New Haven route
Metro-North Scenario Pack 01 is closely based on actual railroad operations and among the ten challenging career scenarios, you will:
- Take the controls of Metro-North’s modern blue-and-silver M7A EMUs for “all-stops” local and “flip back” semi-express duties on the scenic and historic Hudson Line between New York Grand Central Terminal and Croton-Harmon, New York.
- Serve as engineer of Metro-North’s classic and venerable M2 and M4 EMUs as the electrics handle a variety of express and local services on the New Haven Line between Grand Central Terminal and New Haven, Connecticut.
- Operate Metro-North’s stylish red-and-silver M8 EMUs, including operations on the interurban-like New Canaan Branch of the New Haven Line.
- Take the throttle of a modern Metro-North M8 as it stands in for M7As on a Hudson Line semi-express to New York City.
- Answer the call to serve as engineer of the night’s last Hudson Line departure from Grand Central Terminal with a Metro-North GE P32AC-DM diesel and Shoreliner equipment.
- Hustle Metro-North’s aged but able EMD FL9s wearing New Haven heritage livery on an express run northbound along the legendary Hudson River from New York Grand Central Terminal to Croton-Harmon.
- Work over the full lengths of the Metro-North-operated portions of Train Simulator’s Hudson and New Haven Line routes, including New Your Grand Central Terminal, Yonkers, Croton-Harmon, Stamford, New Haven, and the New Canaan Branch.
Note: This scenario pack requires Train Simulator’s Hudson Line: New York – Croton-Harmon Route Add-On and NEC: New York – New Haven Route Add-On. Select scenarios also require the Metro-North M2 EMU Add-On; Metro-North Kawasaki M8 EMU Add-On; New Haven FL9 Loco Add-On; and/or Amtrak Acela Express EMU Add-On.
Enjoy electrifying action as you climb aboard for realistic and bustling modern railroading on one of America’s greatest commuter railroads – with High Iron Simulations’ Metro-North Scenario Pack 01, now available at the Steam and Dovetail Games stores! – Gary Dolzall
With High Iron Simulations’ new Metro-North Scenario Pack 01, you’ll experience the challenges of modern railroading on one of America’s biggest, busiest, and most dynamic commuter railroads and take the throttles of trains on Metro-North’s always bustling Hudson (above) and New Haven Lines (below)! Screenshots by Gary Dolzall.
The ten career scenarios in this new scenario pack are closely based on actual railroad operations and offer hours of realistic railroading! Metro-North’s modern and stylish M7A EMUs will be your charge in scenarios featuring local and semi-express duties on the historic Hudson Line. In the scenario “All Stops to Croton-Harmon,” a Metro-North M7A set sweeps past a southbound Amtrak Empire Service train.
You’ll be called to duty aboard Metro-North’s classic and venerable M2 and M4 EMUs in no less than four of Metro-North Scenario Pack 01’s career scenarios. In a scene from the scenario “Triplets to Bridgeport,” an evening train of M4s makes its station stop at Bridgeport before deadheading to the yard (above). In the two-part scenario “Big Apple Bound,” you’ll hustle a M2-equipped morning rush-hour train over the full length of the New Haven Line from New Haven, Connecticut to New York City. En route to the Big Apple, the M2s roll across the Saugatuck River (below).
On a rainy day along the Hudson River, the career scenario “Greystone Flip Back” puts you in charge of Metro-North M7As on a morning service in which you reverse directions at Greystone and then make a semi-express run to New York Grand Central Terminal.
You’ll climb aboard Metro-North’s modern Kawasaki-build M8 electrics in a pair of captivating career scenarios. In “Express to New Canaan, you’ll begin at famed Grand Central Terminal, then make an evening express run all the way to New Canaan, Connecticut via the unique New Canaan Branch (above). And in “Hudson Line Stand In,” a set of MNCR M8s is making an appearance on the Hudson Line (below) standing in for M7As that are being serviced.
Diesels – modern and vintage – also make their mark in Metro-North Scenario Pack 01. In the career scenario “After Midnight” (above), you are the engineer of the last Poughkeepsie-bound train of the night which is powered by a MNCR GE P32AC-DM and equipped with Shoreliner equipment. And in “Old Warriors Along the Hudson,” Metro-North’s beautiful EMD FL9s in New Haven heritage livery are in their final months of service and are powering a run from Grand Central Terminal north along the Hudson Line (below).
Enjoy electrifying action as you climb aboard for realistic and bustling modern railroading on one of America’s greatest commuter railroads – with High Iron Simulations’ Metro-North Scenario Pack 01, now available at the Steam and Dovetail Games stores!
Screenshots and images displayed in this article may depict content that is still in development. The licensed brands may not have been approved by their respective owner and some artwork may still be pending approval.
TS20: Electrifying Action!