Flight1 P-51D Comes to Steam!
In the single-seat fighter class, the Mustang reigns supreme! Now you can fly it in FSX: Steam Edition, courtesy of Flight1 Software.
Take the controls of this wild horse and you’ll enjoy a number of realistic details:
- Fully selectable weapons and tank load-outs, controlled in-sim via special load-out panel in cockpit.
- Functional emergency canopy release in the Virtual Cockpit
- Hydraulic 'bleed-down' for undercarriage doors, controlled from cockpit pressure lever.
- Removable engine cover reveals detailed authentic Packard Merlin engine with glycol tanks and other details.
- Removable wing hatches reveal accurately detailed 50 cal machine guns, ammunition belts and loading chutes.
- Fully animated pilot with choice of military or civilian 'owner-pilot'
- Selectable wingspan and range controls on gun sight. Switchable reticule light and animated drop down bulb holder.
- Removable control stick and throttle quadrant to aid instrument reading and switch functionality.
- Cold, dark cockpit start possible with all instrument readings to the correct numbers.
- Accurate starting procedure including correct priming, oiler and boost sequence.
- War Emergency Power setting on throttle with correct 'wire-gate'.
- Full hi-fidelity sound-set even includes the characteristic gun-port 'whistle' on fly past.
- Effects package includes startup exhaust, recognition lights, custom animations from the pilots and more.