Discover Flight Sim World
Hello and welcome to Flight Sim World. Whether you are new to the hobby or a veteran simmer, we have something for everyone!
Whether you're exploring our forums or learning how to use the Pro Mission Editor, this hub is your central location for all things Flight Sim World including tutorials, documentation, updates from the dev team, and much more.
What is Flight Sim World?
Choose from our fleet of sleek, highly-detailed aircraft and take-off to exotic places through a variety of spectacular weather conditions. Take on one of our challenging missions, create your own flight plan, or climb the ranks with our authentic LAPL, PPL and Multi-Engine lessons.
By integrating trueSKY technology, Flight Sim World now has an immersive advanced weather system. Volumetric fog and haze add extra challenges to your flight experience, while magnificent sunrises and sunsets wait for you above the clouds!
The aircraft in Flight Sim World have been created using the latest modelling and rendering technologies resulting in remarkable detail. Every switch and gauge in the cockpits are clickable, while a wide range of animations really bring them to life.
Flight Sim World includes:
- Seven gorgeous single and twin propeller aircraft
- Advanced weather engine powered by trueSKY technology
- Immersive lessons and challenging missions to test your skills
- Pilot profile which keeps track of your progress
- Professional grade Mission Editor for creating your own missions to share on Steam Workshop
- Integration of Accu-Feel™ technology
- Integration of the critically acclaimed Orbx FTX Global, which provides stunning land and seascapes to enjoy from above
- Free Flight: The whole world is yours to explore in Free Flight mode!
- Multiplayer: Fly with your friends via the Steam client.
- Lessons & Missions: Learn the basics with our LAPL, PPL, and Multi-Engine based lessons, and then test your skills with challenging missions.
- Steam Workshop: Create bespoke missions and flight plans using our Pro Mission Tool, then share them with the world. You can also download and play through user created missions and plans. Visit our YouTube channel to find out more about how to use Steam Workshop in FSW.
Flight Sim World is currently in Early Access. This means that the sim is not feature-complete and you may encounter bugs. We will be working hard alongside you to resolve issues throughout the Early Access period, so if you see anything that doesn't look right, please let us know in the forums.